07 June 2010

Trashion Parade

It was Environment Week at J's school two weeks ago. Her year group had "Trashion Parade" and the children were encouraged to make clothing or accessories with recycled materials.

I asked J what would she like to dress up as. She said, she wanted to be a pony. I said, hmm.. that's probably a bit challenging. How about dress up as a farmer? She replied that she preferred to be a farmer's daughter...

So J and I made these together... while we did these, T was lying quietly on the floor next to us, watching...






A hat for the farmer... opps, the farmer's daughter.



She wanted to wear an apron... so perhaps an useless nappy plastic bag is a better material than a useful bin bag?



and a boot. This is actually J's idea... it's made out of her broken school shoes which I have thrown away into our recycled bin, and with some packaging cards.

It took us about a week (about 15mins to 30mins every afternoon) to finish the above. It's quite challenging to do crafts with J nowadays as I have to looking after T at the same time... I just have to be more patient and plan in advance :)

2 comments:

elaine ee said...

V. creative!

doreen said...

I like the boots, very creative!